Finishing a Basement to Create a Kids’ Playroom
Finishing a basement with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ is a simple way to create a new room for your house without building an above-ground addition, and it makes a perfect space for a playroom. By having the Basement Finishing System™ installed, it’s easy to provide the kids with a comfortable environment that’s sure to get rave reviews at playtime.
Here are some of the features basement refinishing with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ has to offer:
- Mold and mildew resistance* – When it comes to children, safety is always the top priority, so finishing a basement with a system that resists mold and mildew growth is a smart idea.
- Dent-resistant walls – As school-aged kids grow and become more active, playtime fun may come at the cost of your basement walls. But an errant ball or misjudged cartwheel is no match for the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ and its durable, dent-resistant walls.
- Top-notch acoustics – Because the walls absorb sound, you can have the peace and quiet you want even if the kids get a little rowdy downstairs.
- Insulation – By keeping your basement warm in the winter and cool during the summer, the Basement Finishing System™ ensures your family can enjoy playtime year-round.
In addition, a finished basement can be easily changed to keep up with growing kids and their changing interests, so you can be sure that the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ will make a wonderful investment in the future. If you’re considering finishing a basement for use as a kids’ playroom, click here to set up a free in-home appointment.
* While the materials and design of the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.