What Will it Cost to Finish a Basement with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™?
One of the most common questions that our franchisee installers hear is, “what does it cost to finish a basement with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™?” Answering this question requires a little perspective, because it varies widely depending on the size of the homeowner’s basement. Whether you dream of a place for a pool table, comfortable seating and a big screen TV, or long for an income suite to bring in a little extra cash—you’ve got to weigh all the expenses and fully investigate the Owens Corning® basement cost during the planning phases of your basement finishing project.
It is also important to appreciate the long-term benefits that come from this unique basement renovation that make the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ an even more sensible investment into the home than other finishing methods. For instance, Owens Corning® basements provide:
- A Cheaper Alternative – Costs less on average per square foot than aboveground construction.
- Year Round Comfort – Thermal insulation helps reduce costly heat transfer into and out of the home, and may even lead to cost savings on monthly energy bills*.
- Convenience – Removal walls help when the need to make immediate repairs to the home’s foundation, plumbing, or wiring arises.
- Protection Against Deterioration – Your basement will be made from breathable materials that don’t support mold or mildew growth**.
- Fire Safety – All materials are Class A fire rated for your protection.
- Peace of Mind – Walls are acoustically insulated to absorb up to 95 percent of sound.
- Protection for your Investment – The Basement Finishing System™ is backed by a Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty as long as you own your home***, so you can rest easy knowing your investment is well protected.
Perhaps best of all, the completion of your basement remodel won’t cost your household the comfort of its daily routine. The Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ can be installed in only about two weeks and produces virtually no messy dust. Aboveground additions, on the other hand, can sometimes take significantly longer and the construction process may get in your way of living.
When it comes down to it, the Owens Corning® basement cost depends on the size and shape of your basement space as well as what you’d like your finished basement to become and the flooring, staircase and ceiling options you choose. Your local franchisees certified basement designers can work within your budget, showing you what is available for what you can reasonably spend on the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™.
To learn more about the perks of having the Basement Finishing System™ installed in your home, take a look at some of the reviews from homeowners who have already transformed their basements into usable spaces. Click here to find a franchisee installer in your area.
*Savings vary. Find out why in the seller’s fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
**While the materials and design of the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
***Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty covers any manufacturing product defects during the time you own your home. See actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
**Savings vary. Find out why in the seller’s fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
***Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty covers any manufacturing product defects during the time you own your home. See actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.