The Great Big Basement Giveaway
2014 Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void in Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Quebec Province (Canada) and where prohibited by law. Employees of Owens Corning Remodeling Systems, LLC, Owens Corning Sales, LLC, Owens Corning, their parents, subsidiaries, representatives, franchisees, licensees, affiliates, and members of such person’s immediate families are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes prize. Any persons who won a prize in Owens Corning Remodeling Systems, LLC’s “Win Your Share of the $100,000 Finish My Basement Giveaway” or Owens Corning Remodeling Systems, LLC’s “The Great BIG Basement Giveaway: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013” are also ineligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes prize consists of a professionally installed Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ for the winner’s residential basement comprised of panels, framing, lineals, molding, trim, batons, lighting, electric, ceiling tiles and ceiling grid (with a maximum retail value of $25,000 [US], as determined in the sole discretion of Owens Corning/Owens Corning Remodeling Systems, LLC/Owens Corning Sales, LLC [collectively, “Owens Corning”] and/or its designee[s]). Individuals may enter after 12:00 Noon ET, January 1, 2014 via postal mail on a 8.5” x 11” piece of paper in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to Owens Corning Great BIG Basement, One Owens Corning Pkwy 1C1, Toledo, OH USA 43659 or via internet at www.basementfinishingsystem.com or via a telephone call initiated by the customer to any advertised number or 1-800-BASEMENT™ or at events where the Basement Finishing System™ is being promoted (i.e. home show, open house, fair, etc.) by completing and signing an entry form and presenting it directly to an employee or representative of Owens Corning. Entrant must list entrant’s legal name, address (including zip or postal code), day and evening telephone numbers (with area code), mobile telephone number (if any) and email address (if any). If entering via 8.5” x 11” piece of paper, be sure to include the following statement and sign the paper: BY SIGNING AND ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, I WAIVE MY RIGHTS UNDER ANY DO-NOT-CALL OR SIMILAR LIST AND AGREE TO BE CONTACTED BY OWENS CORNING. Regardless of how entrants register for the Sweepstakes, only one entry per person. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants unconditionally agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules. All decisions regarding the interpretation of the Official Rules, eligibility, and the selection of the winner for this Sweepstakes lie with Owens Corning and the independent judging organization, whose decisions are final. Winning the Prize, if such entry is selected as the winner, is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Each entrant must: (a) be a legal resident of one of the contiguous (48) United States (excluding Florida), the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec Province); (b) be of the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence; (c) own the residence listed on the entry, which must be the address where the Prize (the finished basement) is to be installed if such entry is determined to be the winner. Any waterproofing, remediation, deconstruction or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as determined in the sole discretion of Owens Corning) must be performed at entrant’s sole expense prior to receiving the Prize (the finished basement), and the winner must arrange for installation of finished basement such that the installation be completed within 60 days of verification of winner’s eligibility to receive Prize. The Prize (the finished basement) does not include, without limitation, labor and materials related to painting, staining, flooring, egress code-related issues, or HVAC systems. Finished basement installation subject to any applicable local building codes and regulations, including, without limitation, if applicable, the issuance of valid building permit(s). Upon installation of the finished basement, Owens Corning will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the winner with the winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the Prize. If winner’s residence does not have a basement, or the winner’s basement is not in a suitable condition (e.g., without limitation, no water, mold, or structural damage and in compliance with local building codes and regulations) for the Prize (the finished basement) as determined in the sole discretion of Owens Corning, or winner resides in a geographic area in which Owens Corning does not have a participating franchise in good standing that is authorized to install the finished basement at the time of Prize award, Owens Corning will consider the Prize (the finished basement) to be unavailable. If Prize is unavailable for the above or any other reasons, Owens Corning, will instead award winner an alternate cash prize of $10,000 (USD). The final determination as to which prize is awarded will be at the sole discretion of Owens Corning.
- One winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the entry deadline of 12:00 Noon ET on December 31, 2014. The drawing will be conducted and administered by an independent judging organization, at its offices in Carrollton, Texas USA, on or about January 15, 2015. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The initially selected potential winner will be notified by certified mail, telephone or electronic mail within fifteen (15) days of drawing. The potential winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification communication(s) and in the Official Rules. If potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, or is ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize, or fails to return the completed and executed affidavit of eligibility and liability / publicity release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the independent judging organization will select an alternate winner at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification by Owens Corning and/or its representatives, whose decisions are final and binding; an entrant is not the winner of the Prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified by Owens Corning and/or its representatives. If an entry by a Canadian resident is selected in the drawing, to win the Prize, he/she must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question within a predetermined time limit without assistance of any kind.
- One Prize will be awarded. The Prize has a maximum retail value of $25,000 [US], and the winner will not receive any cash (or other compensation) in the event the finished basement has a retail value of less than $25,000 [US]. Any costs in excess of the retail value of the finished basement shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of winner. Installation of finished basement must be provided by an Owens Corning Basement Finishing System™ certified installer. Installation of finished basement is subject to availability, may be subject to black-out dates, and is subject to the terms and conditions of Owens Corning’s standard installation guidelines. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. Prize is not transferable. Winner may not choose to redeem for cash.
- WAIVER OF “DO NOT CALL” RIGHTS. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by entering this Sweepstakes the entrant expressly authorizes Owens Corning and/or its representative(s), including, without limitation, its franchisees, for a period of ninety (90) days following the date of entry, to contact the entrant by any means, including, without limitation, telephone and electronic mail. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE CONTACTED BY OWENS CORNING AND/OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES. YOUR ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPRESS WAIVER AND REVOCATION OF ANY PREVIOUS INCLUSION OF YOUR NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, OR EMAIL ADDRESS ON ANY FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, MUNICIPAL OR LOCAL “DO NOT CALL,” “DO NOT EMAIL,” OR “DO NOT SOLICIT” LISTS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO WAIVE/REVOKE SUCH RIGHTS, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. Entry in this Sweepstakes constitutes an inquiry by the entrant to Owens Corning regarding the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™.
- The winner agrees to allow for ninety (90) days after installation of finished basement is complete Owens Corning and/or its representatives the use of his/her home (including the right to take photographs of and/or make audio/visual recordings of his/her home, with Owens Corning and/or its representative being the owner of all rights, including the copyright, in such photographs and audio/visual recordings) without further permission or compensation for: (1) a showcase basement open house, to be scheduled by an Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ representative, and (2) individual private tours to display the finished basement, each to be scheduled in advance and at mutually agreeable times. The winner grants Owens Corning and/or its representatives the right and permission, except where prohibited, to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his/her name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcasts) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification. Entrants agree that Owens Corning shall own the entries, which will not be acknowledged or returned.By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold harmless Owens Corning, the independent judging organization, their respective subsidiaries, representatives, franchises, licensees and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, liability and actions or omissions, including, without limitation, property damage, violations of publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and, if entrant is the winner and accepts the Prize, with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Prize.
- Liability for any applicable taxes, including, without limitation, all income and sales taxes, surcharges or other expenses not specifically provided for by Owens Corning in these Official Rules, will be the sole responsibility of Prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service by Owens Corning.
- Owens Corning and its agencies are not responsible for entries that are lost, stolen, late, mechanically reproduced, effected via automated program/apparatus, illegible, misdirected, postage due, incomplete, damaged, corrupted, or received through impermissible or illegitimate channels and all such entries will not be eligible. Owens Corning and its agencies are not responsible for inaudible, garbled, interrupted, disconnected or dropped telephone calls or data transmissions. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned (e.g., computer virus,
tampering, fraud, technical failure), Owens Corning reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, the winner will be selected from among all eligible, legitimate entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Owens Corning or via some other means that Owens Corning determines in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Owens Corning will be posted at www.basementfinishingsystem.com. Owens Corning is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; the unavailability or inaccessibility of any web site or service; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or any injury or damage to persons or property, including, without limitation, entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from Owens Corning’s web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Owens Corning or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Owens Corning’s web site by a hypertext link. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry via email, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a person entering via telephone call, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person who is the owner of the telephone number used to the make the entry telephone call, as per telephone company/carrier records. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Owens Corning’s web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Owens Corning reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Owens Corning’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any of the terms of the Official Rules are declared to be unenforceable, all other terms will remain in force.
- This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Owens Corning Remodeling Systems, LLC, One Owens Corning Pkwy, Toledo, Ohio, USA 43659 and is governed by the laws of Ohio (except for principles of conflicts of laws/choice of laws of Ohio or of any other jurisdiction) with venue in Lucas County, Ohio, USA. Owens Corning reserves the right to suspend, modify, or cancel this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice or obligation.
- For a winner’s list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by February 1, 2015 to Owens Corning Great BIG Basement, One Owens Corning Pkwy, Toledo, OH USA 43659.