Basement Renovation Can Improve Acoustic Performance
If you’re looking at basement renovation options, consider the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™. In addition to concealing exposed piping and insulation, it also offers excellent acoustics. The walls have built-in acoustic insulation, so the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ not only improves the sound within the basement but it also absorbs noise entering or leaving the room. These qualities make the Basement Finishing System™ perfect for transforming your basement into a home theater where you can enjoy your favorite movies. The insulation is also ideal for creating a playroom for the kids because they can play, watch cartoons, or even practice their musical instruments without disturbing the rest of the family.
Completing a basement renovation using the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ can also provide other benefits, including:
- Resistance to mold and mildew growth* – Durable, breathable walls help protect against these common basement problems
- Quick and clean installation – The Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ can be installed in only about two weeks with little to no mess
- Easy access to foundation – The walls can be removed and put back in place quickly, granting you access to your home’s piping, electrical wiring, and foundation
- Energy efficiency – The built-in thermal basement insulation reduces the heat transfer between the basement and the surrounding environment, which may lead to cost savings on energy bills**
All of these useful features could make your basement renovation your family’s favorite place to be and will earn rave reviews from your guests. Click here to find a local franchisee in your area and to receive your free basement renovation design consultation.
* While the materials and design of the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
** Savings vary. Find out why in the seller’s fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.