Basement Finishing Ideas with Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™
The basement design possibilities are virtually endless when you choose to remodel your basement with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™. Nearly everyone could use a little additional floor space in the house, but rather than committing the time and energy needed for above-ground construction, why not better use the space you already have?
In only about two weeks, a team of professional, certified installers can install the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ in your home, allowing you to enjoy this extension of your home in less time than you might have imagined. As a result, homeowners experience the transformation of a dank, uninviting basement into a beautiful blank canvas that can become nearly any type of room imaginable.
The Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ offers several significant advantages over traditional basement finishing methods. The benefits include:
- Basement walls that contain thermal insulation, which may help limit the transfer of heat into and out of the home year-round helping to ensure your family is comfortable at all times. This insulation may also lead to cost savings on monthly energy bills*.
- Built-in acoustic insulation that helps absorb sound, so you’re less likely to bother the rest of the household when you’re watching television or listening to music in the basement.
- Walls that are specifically designed for the basement and are resistant to mold and mildew**.
- Building materials that help limit dents and dings with normal use when you’re playing with your children in the family room.
- Panels and trim that are removable, allowing for easy access to the foundation and walls and the convenient concealment of electrical wiring and cables.
Turn wasted space into your family’s favorite place. With all of these outstanding features, you can design virtually any basement that you want, such as a:
- Spare bedroom – If you are looking for an additional space in your home where guests can take their shoes off and catch some sleep, a spare bedroom would be ideal. You could also consider turning the basement into a mother-in-law suite with a bathroom.
- Home theater – Instead of fighting the crowds at the movie theater and dealing with the hassle of traveling, you can transform your neglected basement into a luxurious home theater and even wire it for surround sound.
- Personal gym – By installing mirrors, gym flooring, proper lighting and your favorite workout equipment, you’ll be able to exercise from the comfort of your own home! Turning your basement into a personal gym saves you money from a traditional gym membership and is always available to you any time of the day.
- Family room – Transforming your basement into a family room could give you maximum flexibility when it comes to entertaining. You’ll get a great new room to relax in and watch the game, read a book or play some board games with friends and family.
Whichever basement design option you select, you can rest assured that your investment is protected because Owens Corning basements have a Lifetime Limited Transferable Warranty as long as you own your home***.
Click here to learn more about the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ and to locate a franchisee installer in your area.
*While the materials and design of the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.
**Savings vary. Find out why in the seller’s fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
***Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty covers any manufacturing product defects during the time you own your home. See actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.