Basement Finishing Ideas: Transform Your Basement into a Beautiful Family Room
If you’re looking for practical basement finishing ideas, consider turning your neglected basement into a family room that everyone will enjoy with the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™. Nearly everyone could use a little additional floor space in the house, but rather than committing the time and energy needed for above-ground construction, why not better use the space you already have? With the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™, you and your family may be able to enjoy your newly remodeled basement even sooner than you may have thought possible. Whether you’re looking for a place to watch movies with loved ones, unwind with a good book at the end of the day, or relax on a Sunday afternoon, transforming your basement into a family room is one of the best basement finishing ideas around.
The Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ offers several significant advantages over traditional basement finishing methods. The benefits include:
- Basement walls that contain thermal insulation, which helps limit the transfer of heat into and out of the home year-round helping to ensure your family is comfortable at all times.
- Built-in acoustic insulation that helps absorb sound, so you’re less likely to bother the rest of the household when you’re watching television or listening to music in the basement.
- Walls that are specifically designed for the basement and are resistant to mold and mildew*.
- Building materials that help limit dents and dings with normal use when you’re playing with your children in the family room.
- Panels and trim that are removable, allowing for easy access to the foundation and walls and the convenient concealment of electrical wiring and cables.
The best way to learn about how the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ can benefit you and your family is to read some customer reviews and click here and find a local franchisee installer near you. You can schedule a complimentary consultation for additional information on how to turn your basement into a family room, to learn about the cost of basement remodeling, or to get even more basement finishing ideas for your home.
* While the materials and design of the Owens Corning® Basement Finishing System™ resist mold and mildew, the system cannot prevent or mitigate mold if the conditions necessary for mold growth otherwise exist in your basement.